Jamison's practice encompasses all aspects of commercial real estate including acquisitions and dispositions, financings, leasing, and related commercial advice. He has expertise in negotiating complex real estate acquisitions and commercial transactions and has significant experience working on mixed use developments involving public sector entities.
Jamison enthusiastically learns about his clients' businesses. He provides his own technical and practical perspective while striving to give his clients what they need: excellent, timely service.
- Having a key role in a number of prominent private and public sector transactions, including the development of stadiums, hospitals, transit systems, office complexes, retail and multi-unit residential developments, and other mixed-use projects.
- Advising upon and coordinating the acquisition and disposition of large national real property and mortgage portfolios.
- Significant experience creating high proximity, stratified property interests and negotiating the related commercial arrangements.
- Strong background advising municipalities and other public authorities.
- Was a team member for and managed real estate aspects of the closing of a mixed use public private partnership development having a value in excess of $300 million.
- Participated as a key real estate advisor in connection with a planned transit hub, P3 infrastructure project for a municipality.
- Assisted with real estate aspects of a mixed use building having sensitive uses (including educational and museum uses) in conjunction with hotel and residential development.
- Advised a municipality in connection with multiple, heavily negotiated, long term partnerships in the context of public-private interface environments, within existing office and retail buildings in the established core of a city.
- Advising on the structuring and acquisition of an approximately 300km decommissioned rail corridor for a team of municipalities for the operation of a recreational trail.
- Lead counsel to a public institution for the negotiation of a long-term ground lease for a major infrastructure development.
- Advised a government on the acquisition by financing lease of approximately a dozen government buildings.
- Real estate partner providing legal leadership for transactions by a community development corporation, including acting on subdivisions and structured dispositions of publicly owned assets for the realization of community objectives.
- Advising a significant Canadian institution on complex financing aspects of, and the disposition of a flagship real estate asset.
- Advised a transit authority in connection real estate aspects of the development of a major maintenance facility.
- Advised a public authority on arrangements for the filling and acquiring of harbour lands for the creation of a new waterfront community.
- Advised a municipality on the acquisition, in partnership with the first nations group, of critical waterfront lands having complex liability issues.
Beyond our Walls
- Instructor, Legal Dimensions, Carleton: Sprott School of Business and Azrieli School of Architecture and Urbanism Certificate in Real Estate Development, 2019
- Ontario Bar Association, Real Property Section; Past Member, Executive Committee
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, County of Carleton Law Association
- Chair, Urban Land Institute, Ottawa, 2016-present
- Pro Bono Legal Advisor, 2008-present
- Mentor, University of Ottawa Legal Links and Bridges, 2011-2018
- Volunteer, Lawyers Feed the Hungry, 2017-2018
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer to Watch in the 2022 edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Property Development)
Bar Admission & Education
- Nunavut, 2014
- Ontario, 2008
- LLB, University of Ottawa, 2007
- BSc (joint advanced major in business administration), St. Francis Xavier University, 2003