Human rights complaints against Canadian employers are increasing – and keeping up-to-date with fast-changing laws, policies and practices can be a challenge.
Our lawyers are well versed in human rights legislation across the country. In addition to defending employers against human rights complaints, we educate and provide tools to help avoid future difficulties.
We assist clients with day-to-day advice on human rights application. Our expertise includes:
- defending against human rights complaints
- dealing with Human Rights Tribunal and other local commissions and federal tribunals
- defending against grievances/complaints brought under human rights legislation
We also have experience dealing with duty-to-accommodate complaints in the workplace and from healthcare patients, including responding to grievances and applications before human rights tribunals and in grievance arbitrations. Our experience includes:
- preparing detailed written responses to human rights applications, case analyses and investigative reports
- representing a range of clients at mediations, investigations and fact-finding sessions
- thorough knowledge of the commissions and tribunals process
We represent clients in human rights complaints related to the provision of services, and conduct investigations.