16–18 May 2018, Swissôtel Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
This year, the IBA Litigation Committee will gather for its Annual Litigation Forum in Chicago — from Trading Post to Global City. During this not to be missed event, attendees will have the opportunity to network with leading jurists, corporate counsel, other corporate officers responsible for the management of litigation, managing partners and heads of law firm litigation departments, litigation attorneys, policymakers, academics and anyone involved in managing and solving complex litigation.
- The science of advocacy and persuasion – social science perspectives on what works and what doesn’t work
- Trial advocacy – witnesses, facts, and persuading triers of fact
- Appellate advocacy – a different skill set?
- Perspectives from the Bench
- Advocacy and ethics – how far can you go?
- New technologies and social media – adapting advocacy to new kinds of evidence