Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Administrator, E-Billing.
Purpose of the Role
The Administrator, E-Billing will be expected to provide assistance and support for the E-Billing function, as assigned by the E-Billing Coordinators and under the direction of the Director, Client Services.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Assist in basic e-billing tasks (per E-Billing lead’s instructions)
- Submit basic Rate, accruals, matter budget, and other client required information
- Submit/upload accounts into EBH and escalate rejections to responsible E-Biller
- Assist with rejection notifications, build a list of rejections, follow up with E-Biller, Practice Assistant or Lawyer and upload lawyer comments to the client platform for appeal
- Assist with minor E-Billing rejections, such as block billing etc.
- EHub clean up, including status updates
- Monitor the EHub inbox and direct incoming emails
- Provide back-up to E-Billing Coordinators as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a law firm or professional services environment preferred
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Familiarity with or ability to rapidly learn and exposure to similar systems such as:
- Prebill Manager – trained in both PBV Lawyers/Billing Platform
- CMS – Trained on navigating in CMS
- iManage – How and where to file or look up invoices
- EHub and all E-Billing Platforms – Trained on navigating in EHub and how to look up invoice details in each E-Billing Platform
- Learn Collection Platform
- Understanding of accounting principles as they relate to billing, time and costs, and accounts receivables.
- Proficient in office software: MSWord, MSExcel, Adobe Acrobat, MS Outlook.
- Experience with Aderant (CMS) or other time and billing systems an asset.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, under minimal supervision.
- Good organization skills and ability to work under time pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime to support month end and year end deadlines.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate. As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and, if necessary, implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.