This is the fourth session of the 2020 Startup & Grow Webinar Series designed to help and support your business’s needs.
This session focused on hiring practices and employment law considerations, with a discussion led by Lorelle Binnion and Danielle Lewchuk from BLG, and featuring our special guest speaker Kathy Nguyen, Director of Growth and Operations at Global Talent Accelerator.
Practical tips included:
- Key business considerations when building teams
- Recruitment tactics and key hiring considerations
- Compensation practices
- Employee versus consultant considerations
- Minimum wage requirements
- On-boarding and key documentation
- Tax advantages of various stock based compensation plans (such as options and shares)
Our previous sessions are available to view here:
- Session I – Covid-19 Updates for Early Stage Businesses (May, 2020).
- Session II – Accessing and Protecting Your Intellectual Property (June, 2020).
- Session III – Incorporating a new business and considerations for founders (July, 2020).
Watch the webinar below