Marian is a certified expert in financial services law by the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario.She specializes in banking, financial services, lending, structured finance and securitization. Marian is the leader of the Financial Services Group Business Continuity Team in the Toronto office. She leads the review of the business continuity plan and co-chairs meetings.
Marian has experience in:
- Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation, Canada Housing TrustTM No. 1 and the Canada Mortgage Bonds securitization program
- senior and subordinated debt finance
- syndicated loans to borrowers in multinational structures
- project finance, acquisition financing and loan restructurings
- senior secured and unsecured lending
- cross-border and domestic transactions
- the Personal Property Security Act (Ontario)
Drawing from her experience, Marian also trains new members of BLG’s Financial Services Group, articling students and law clerk students.
Prior to BLG, Marian worked as a financial services law clerk at a national law firm based in Toronto.An avid golfer, Marian is a past ladies champion of the annual BLG staff golf tournament.