In Emma’s municipal law practice, she acts for municipalities in procurement, expropriation, real estate and land use matters. She prepares applications for severances, minor variances and rezoning and drafts municipal by-laws.
Emma regularly appears before Planning Committees, Committees of Adjustment and the Ontario Municipal Board.
- Appearing before the Ontario Municipal Board on land use planning matters.
- Prosecuting and defending provincial offences in the Ontario Court of Justice. Defending municipal and corporate clients in environmental prosecutions.
- Preparing applications for severances, minor variances and rezoning. Appearing before Planning Committees and Committees of Adjustment.
- Advising municipal clients and drafting municipal by-laws.
- Acting for municipalities in municipal procurement matters. Drafting municipal service agreements.
- Acting for municipalities in expropriation matters.
- Acting for vendors and purchasers in real estate and secured financing transactions.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, Canadian Bar Association and the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member, County of Carleton Law Association (CCLA)
- Member, Greater Ottawa Home Builders Association (Builder Developer Committee)
- Member, Women in Land Development
- Member, Ontario Expropriation Association
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2019 edition (and since 2017) of The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Infrastructure Law, Property Development)
- Recognized in the 2018 edition (and since 2017) of the Lexpert®/ROB Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2007
- LLB, McGill University, 2006
- BCL, McGill University, 2006
- BA, Queen's University, 2002