Breda focuses on litigation related to insurance tort and liability, personal injury, product liability, and securities.
Her responsibilities include:
- preparing files for examinations for discovery (including chronologies and affidavits of documents)
- preparing documents and briefs for expert witnesses
- drafting lists of undertakings, advisements and refusals, liaising with discovery witnesses to answer undertakings and reviewing and organizing answers
- drafting mediation briefs and pre-trial briefs
- assisting with trial preparations (including reviewing and organizing documents, scheduling witnesses, preparing materials for motions)
- liaising with clients, counsel and courts
Before moving to Canada in 1996 to work for BLG, Breda worked in the legal field in Ireland and London, U.K., where she gained valuable experience in the area of litigation.