Katie assists public and private sector clients—including municipalities, schools, hospitals, transit authorities, developers, businesses and private landowners—with planning, municipal and expropriation matters.
- Acting for municipalities on various land use planning and expropriation matters, including complex negotiations and appeals.
- Providing guidance to schools and school boards with respect to expropriation, planning, and regulatory matters, including by-law interpretation and compliance.
- Assisting hospitals in connection with planning, expropriation, and real estate matters.
- Advising businesses in the resolution of zoning by-law disputes.
- Assisting individual landowners with planning and expropriation issues.
Beyond our Walls
- Newsletter Editor, Ontario Bar Association, Municipal Law Section
- Executive Member, Ontario Bar Association, Municipal Law Section
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Expropriation Association
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada as “Ones to Watch” (Environmental Law)
- Recognized in the Novae Res Urbis Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area annual rankings for the Top 10 GTHA Development Law Firms.
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2017
- JD, University of Windsor, 2016
- BA (Hons.), York University, 2012