Since 2018 she has been an executive member of the Ontario Bar Association Municipal Law Section, and is an active member of the municipal and expropriation bars.
Katie assists public and private sector clients—including municipalities, schools, hospitals, transit authorities, developers, businesses and private landowners—with planning, municipal and expropriation matters.
- Acting for regional municipalities on various land use planning and expropriation matters, including complex negotiations and appeals.
- Providing guidance to schools and school boards with respect to expropriation, planning, and regulatory matters, including by-law interpretation and compliance.
- Assisting hospitals in connection with planning, expropriation, and real estate matters.
- Advising businesses in the resolution of zoning by-law disputes.
- Assisting individual landowners with planning and expropriation issues.
Beyond our Walls
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Expropriation Association
- Executive Member, Ontario Bar Association, Municipal Law Section
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the Novae Res Urbis Greater Toronto & Hamilton Area annual rankings for the Top 10 GTHA Development Law Firms for the past three years.
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2017
- JD, University of Windsor, 2016
- BA (Hons.), York University, 2012