Van Khai has worked as a paralegal for almost 15 years. She has extensive knowledge of the Québec Code of Civil Procedures and the Federal Courts Rules, and she is proactive in keeping up-to-date with changes relating to legal procedures and processes.
She has worked in class action files and in several injunction cases including Anton Piller, Mareva and Norwich injunctions. She has been involved, most of her career, in piracy cases. Her involvement in complex matters has given her a global and increased vision in document management and the conduct of a file.
She is engaged in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, including:
- preparing and drafting motion records, various affidavits, books of authorities, evidence, other court documents and bill of costs
- assisting attorneys in documentary discovery
- preparing summaries of transcripts and dealing with everything related to the preparation and transmission of undertakings and objections
- preparing files for trial including scheduling issues, liaising with counsel and court, communications with experts, summoning and preparing witnesses, notices and trial preparation
- conducting factual research as well as researches in various registries and databases
- liaising with clients, counsel and courts
Before joining our team in 2019, she worked for one of Canada’s largest national firms practising exclusively in intellectual property and technology law. She also worked for a leader in Québec’s telecommunications, media, entertainment and cultural industry.
She speaks fluently in French, English and Cantonese.