Andrew focuses on corporate and securities law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance and other commercial matters. He also works with a number of securities registrants in connection with the formation, management and operation of investment funds in Canada.
Andrew acts for public and private companies, underwriters, institutional and strategic investors, private equity firms and investment dealers in a wide range of industry sectors.
- Acted for Virtu Financial in the sale of its MatchNow business to Cboe Global Markets.
- Loblaw Companies Limited in its $350 million and $800 million offerings of senior unsecured notes, as well as other equity and debt offerings of Loblaw securities.
- ZYUS Life Sciences Inc. in its acquisition of Revon Systems.
- Established a private equity fund for a Canadian wealth manager.
- Represented a large Canadian private equity fund in its acquisition of an interest in a beverage manufacturer.
- Acted for fund manager in the outsourcing of various back office services.
- Loblaw Companies Limited in its $2 billion shelf prospectus for common shares, debt securities and preferred shares.
- ZYUS Life Sciences Inc. in its acquisition of a clinical software platform from Ehave.
- Represented Excel Funds Management Inc. in its sale to Sun Life Global Investments.
- Acted for client in establishing a number of real estate funds focusing on the acquisition of properties in Ontario.
- George Weston Limited in its $1.5 billion shelf prospectus for common shares, debt securities and preferred shares.
- Acted for large Canadian fund manufacturer in connection with obtaining regulatory approval for its acquisition by another Canadian fund manufacturer.
- Acted for Kalibrate Technologies in its acquisition of Kent Group Ltd.
- Represented a large Canadian private equity fund in its acquisition of an interest in a pet food manufacturer.
- Acted for Retirement Concepts in its sale of 24 seniors residences to Cedar Tree Investment.
- Acted for Oliver and Bonacini in connection with various private transactions.
- Acted for Globalive Capital and a consortium of investors in their acquisition of VimpelCom's interest in WIND Mobile.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2014
- JD, University of Toronto, 2013
- B.Sc. (Joint Hons.) in International Relations with History, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2010