Scott is a senior associate in BLG’s Ottawa office. His broad commercial litigation practice encompasses bankruptcy and insolvency issues, breaches of contract, and shareholder disputes.
Scott also has significant experience with administrative law issues. He appears regularly before the Ontario Energy Board in regulatory proceedings and advises clients on procurement related issues in multiple courts and the Canadian International Trade Tribunal.
Scott completed his articles at a prominent international law firm, and was hired as a BLG associate in 2016.
- Co-counsel for an intervenor before the Ontario Energy Board in regulatory proceedings, including rate setting and amalgamation applications. EB-2017-0306/0307, EB-2019-0082, EB-2019-0122.
- Co-counsel for a government institution defending against allegations of impropriety during a tendering process. PR-2017-050
Beyond our Walls
- Part-Time Professor, University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, Civil Procedure
- Chair, Moot Committee, University of Windsor Law School
- Volunteer litigator, Community Legal Aid
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognize in the 2024 edition of the Best Lawyers in Canada® as “One to Watch” (Corporate and Commercial Litigation)
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2016
- Osgoode Hall Certificate in Public Procurement Law and Practice, Osgoode Hall Law School
- JD, University of Windsor, 2015
- MLitt, University of Glasgow, 2010
- BA (Hons.), University of Toronto, 2009