Veterinarians and their practices are subject to a diverse and specific range of challenges, including legal, regulatory, business and ethical considerations. We are aptly positioned to respond to those needs through our longstanding role in the sector.
We are the only national law firm that provides dedicated legal services to the veterinary profession. Our team advises in a range of issues, including:
- purchase and sale of a practice
- equipment leasing
- employment law, including employment contracts and wrongful dismissal
- risk-management strategies
- practice governance, including shareholder and partnership agreements
- implementing effective strategies for
- responding to professional complaints and discipline proceedings
- taxation and wealth and estate planning
- regulatory compliance
- corporate governance
Our group is led by Douglas C. Jack, the preeminent lawyer in the field. His more than 30 years’ experience includes corporate, commercial, administrative law, veterinary practice management and veterinary ethics.