Please join us for a virtual edition of our Annual Maritime Law Seminar
This webinar will bring you up to date on legal developments and hot topics from over the last year for the shipping industry in Canada. This year’s format will consist of a panel discussion followed by a series of four simultaneous breakout sessions offering a different topic. You will have a choice of a breakout session when you register.
Legal, insurance and practical issues when vessels damage underwater objects.
Moderator: Jean-Marie Fontaine, National Leader of Shipping Group, BLG
- Sean Harrington, former Judge of the Federal Court, BLG
- Jean-François Bilodeau, Counsel, BLG
- Jordi Montblanch, Accounts Executive, Global Unit at Aon Canada ULC
Four breakout sessions
- The LNG terminals, injunctions and First Nations rights
Speakers: Dionysios Rossi, Partner, and Graham Walker, Regional Managing Partner, BLG
- Recent changes to the Pilotage Act
Speaker: Sarah Sweet, Associate, BLG
- The application of the Quarantine Act in the time of COVID-19
Speaker: Nigah Awj, Associate, BLG
- Crewing challenges during COVID-19
Speaker: Nathalie Sykora, Senior VP of Global Operations, CSL Group