BLG is sponsoring and presenting at the World Summit AI Americas virtual conference on April 20, 2021. The entire conference runs from April 19 – 21 (9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.).
BLG Workshop: Strategic Intellectual Property (IP) and Privacy Planning for AI – the legal angle
- Contracting for AI companies: ownership of IP rights, employment agreements, confidentiality, technology license agreements
- Text and data mining (TDM): Does your company have user rights? Do fair use and research provide exceptions to copyright?
- "Smart" trade-marks and company branding: distinctiveness, descriptiveness & registerability
- Strategic Planning for IP: managing IP risk, leveraging your IP, building a valuable portfolio, navigating IP rights of third-parties, planning tools and approaches
- Privacy considerations for AI: automated decision-making, explainability, and consent
Carina De Pellegrin, Senior Legal Counsel – Intellectual Property and Technology Law, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG)
Curtis Behmann, Partner & National Leader, Beyond IP Strategy, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG)
Max Jarvie, Technology and Privacy/Data Security Lawyer, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG)