Reimagining the shape, scope and trajectory of the new legal career
The shape, scope and the trajectory of the legal career is shifting. The impact on the nature of work due to the ongoing pandemic, a legal sector reckoning with structural pressures, and a generational transfer of power underway, are all key drivers of this shift.
For many lawyers, making partner or the corporate board is no longer the primary measure of success. Other considerations, such as embarking on alternative career paths, expanding a skillset beyond traditional lawyering and finding purpose in their work are equally as important.
Lawyers are looking to their traditional employers – law firms and legal departments – to support and sustain these new career paths. And, they are looking beyond these same traditional employers to alternative legal sector service providers and other organizations to help them meet these aspirations.
In this 60-minute webinar, Sindy Peixoto, BLG’s National Director of Talent Development, joins an impressive group of speakers who will each discuss their own career path experiences. They will also consider how to reimagine the legal career of the future.
- Shannon O’Hearn, Vice-President & Chief Operating Officer, Legal & Regulatory Compliance, BMO Financial Group
- Nickolas Tzoulas, Associate Investment Manager, Legal Counsel, Omni Bridgeway
- Aaron Baer, Partner, Aird + Berlis
- Sindy Peixoto, National Director, Talent Development, Borden Ladner Gervais
- Chair: Monica Goyal, Director of Legal Innovation and Lawyer, Caravel Law
Law Society of Ontario: This program contains 1 hour of Professionalism Content.
Law Society of BC: This program is accredited for 1 hour of CPD.