Toronto (June 6, 2017) — Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) is pleased to announce it has been ranked a leading Canadian firm in patent practice by the 2017 edition of Intellectual Asset Magazine's (IAM) Patent 1000 — The World's Leading Patent Professionals. The firm received a gold ranking in the area of Patent Prosecution and was ranked silver for Patent Litigation and Transactions.
In addition, the IAM Patent 1000 recognized 13 individuals from BLG as among the leading patent professionals in Canada:
- Curtis Behmann, P.Eng. — Prosecution
- Geoffrey de Kleine — Prosecution
- Kevin L. LaRoche — Litigation
- Kathleen Marsman, Ph.D. — Prosecution
- Jamie Mills — Litigation
- Jason Mueller-Neuhaus — Prosecution
- David Nauman, Ph.D. — Prosecution
- Christine Pallotta — Litigation
- Scott Pundsack — Prosecution
- Jennifer Raoul, Ph.D. — Prosecution
- Chantal Saunders — Litigation
- Andrew Sojonky — Prosecution
- Mark F. Vickers, Ph.D. — Prosecution
According to the guide, BLG "has a remarkably well-integrated team which shares insights across practice and technology lines to ensure holistic patent counsel."
The IAM Patent 1000 recognizes outstanding individual and firm expertise in all major areas of private patent practice. Through an extensive research process, the publication identifies the top patent practitioners, as well as the leading patent practice firms, in key jurisdictions around the world.
About Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) is a leading, national, full-service Canadian law firm focusing on business law, commercial litigation and arbitration, and intellectual property solutions for our clients. BLG is one of the country’s largest law firms with more than 725 lawyers, intellectual property agents and other professionals in five cities across Canada. We assist clients with their legal needs, from major litigation to financing to trademark and patent registration.