Toronto (August 21, 2018) — Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) has had more lawyers recognized in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada® than any other law firm. This marks the 11th consecutive year in which BLG has proudly held this position. In total, 248 BLG lawyers have been selected by their peers in the guide, with 102 lawyers listed in more than one practice area, showcasing BLG’s depth and breadth of expertise.
The 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada® featured 11 different BLG lawyers as "Lawyer of the Year" in their respective practice areas and cities:
- Éloïse Gratton – Montréal, Information Technology and Montréal, Privacy and Data Security Law
- Kenneth S. Atlas – Montréal, Project Finance Law
- Yvan Houle – Montréal, Construction Law
- John E. Hall – Toronto, Mutual Funds Law
- Stephen F. Waqué – Toronto, Expropriation Law
- Josef G.A. Krüger QC – Calgary, Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Kevin W. Keyes – Calgary, Commercial Leasing Law
- Randall W. Block QC – Calgary, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Blair Rebane – Vancouver, Franchise Law
- David L. Mydske – Vancouver, Commercial Leasing Law
- Douglas R. Sanders – Vancouver, Public Procurement Law
The firm’s Construction Group was named "Law Firm of the Year" in Construction Law.
Best Lawyers® has published their list for over three decades, with the first international list published in 2006. Since then, it has grown to provide lists in over 65 countries. Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in Canada® list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.