BLG has once again been recognized as one of Canada’s top law firms in Chambers Canada 2021.
The firm is recognized in 52 practice areas with 125 lawyer rankings. Fourteen lawyers are recognized in Band 1 as leaders in their field, highlighting the firm’s national expertise and commitment to delivering outstanding client service.
BLG received top tier (Band 1) recognition in the following practice areas and regions:
- Litigation: General Commercial – Alberta
- Charities/Non-profits – Nationwide
- Construction – Nationwide
- Employment and Labour – Nationwide
- Healthcare: Contentious – Nationwide
- Healthcare: Corporate/Commercial and Regulatory – Nationwide
- International Trade/WTO – Nationwide
- Investment Funds – Nationwide
- Transportation: Shipping – Nationwide
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use – Ontario
- Employment and Labour – Québec
The following BLG lawyers received Band 1 rankings in their fields:
- Patrick Foy – Aboriginal Law – Nationwide
- Victoria Prince – Charities / Non-profits – Nationwide
- Jeffrey Vallis – Construction – Nationwide
- Richard Shaban – Construction – Nationwide
- Dennis O’Connor – Dispute Resolution: Most in Demand Arbitrators – Nationwide
- Danny Kaufer – Employment and Labour – Québec
- Robert Bonhomme – Employment and Labour – Québec
- Anne Corbett – Healthcare: Corporate/Commercial & Regulatory – Nationwide
- Milos Barutciski – International Trade/WTO – Nationwide
- Randall Block – Litigation: General Commercial – Alberta
- Glenn Zakaib – Litigation: Products Liability – Nationwide
- James Douglas – Litigation: Securities – Ontario
- Eloise Gratton – Privacy and Data Protection – Nationwide
- Stephen Waque – Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use – Ontario
See the full list of BLG lawyers recognized in the 2021 edition of Chambers Canada.
The Chambers Canada rankings are determined by a team of full-time researchers who conduct interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. With the help of Chambers’ editors, these researchers identify and rank Canada’s best lawyers according to performance in the areas most valued by clients, including technical expertise, business acumen, prompt delivery and value for money.
Fully bilingual across all practice areas and sectors, BLG excels in Canada’s common and civil law systems. Our five offices operate in Canada’s largest city centres. We offer our clients an established national presence and a global reach through our international network.
We thank our clients, colleagues and peers for this recognition and their ongoing support.