Toronto (September 9, 2021) – Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) has once again been recognized as one of the country’s top law firms in Chambers Canada 2022.
The firm has been named Healthcare Law Firm of the Year.
Additionally, BLG achieved recognition across 52 practice areas and regions, with 119 lawyers ranked. Thirteen lawyers are recognized in Band 1 as leaders in their fields, highlighting the firm’s national expertise and commitment to delivering outstanding client service.
BLG received Band 1 (Top Tier) in the following practice areas and regions:
- Charities/Non-profits – Nationwide
- Construction – Nationwide
- Employment & Labour – Nationwide
- Employment & Labour – Québec
- Healthcare: Contentious - Nationwide
- Healthcare: Corporate/Commercial & Regulatory – Nationwide
- International Trade/WTO – Nationwide
- Investment Funds – Nationwide
- Litigation: General Commercial – Alberta
- Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use - Ontario
- Transportation: Shipping – Nationwide
The following BLG lawyers received Band 1 rankings in their fields:
- Danny Kaufer – Employment & Labour – Québec
- Dennis O'Connor – Dispute Resolution: Most in Demand Arbitrators – Nationwide
- Éloïse Gratton – Privacy & Data Protection – Nationwide
- Glenn Zakaib – Litigation: Product Liability – Nationwide
- Guy Pratte – Litigation: Administrative & Public Law - Ontario
- James Douglas – Litigation: Securities - Ontario
- Lynn McGrade – Investment Funds – Nationwide
- Milos Barutciski – International Trade/WTO – Nationwide
- Patrick Foy – Aboriginal Law – Nationwide
- Randall Block – Litigation: General Commercial – Alberta
- Richard Shaban – Construction – Nationwide
- Robert Bonhomme – Employment & Labour – Québec
- Victoria Prince – Charites/Non-profits - Nationwide
See the full list of BLG lawyers recognized in the 2022 edition of Chambers Canada.
Chambers Canada rankings are determined by a team of full-time researchers who conduct interviews with lawyers and clients worldwide. With the help of Chambers’ editors, these researchers identify and rank Canada’s best lawyers according to performance in the areas most valued by clients, including technical expertise, business acumen, prompt delivery and value for money.
Fully bilingual across all practice areas and sectors, BLG excels in Canada’s common and civil law systems. Our five offices operate in Canada’s largest city centres. We offer our clients an established national presence and a global reach through our international network.