Robert is nationally and internationally recognized as a leading lawyer in international and domestic commercial arbitration, commercial litigation, privacy law, intellectual property litigation and advertising/competition law.
Robert has experience in all levels of court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
He also has significant international commercial arbitration experience, acting in proceedings in North America, Asia and Europe under:
- LCIA Rules
- ICC Rules
- ICSID (Additional Facility) Rules
- American Arbitration Association's International Arbitration Rules
- Arbitration Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Domestic and International Arbitration Rules of the British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre
- National Arbitration Rules of the ADR Institute of Canada
Robert is the National Leader of BLG’s International Trade and Arbitration Group, and is a member of the Partnership Board, the firm's governing body. He also serves as the Co-National Leader of the Privacy and Data Protection Group.
Robert served as a Law Clerk to the Honourable Madam Justice Beverley McLachlin of the Supreme Court of Canada (until recently the Rt. Honourable Beverley McLachlin, P.C., Chief Justice of Canada) in 1998-1999.