Michael’s practice encompasses all aspects of labour, employment, human rights and privacy law. He counsels employers on effective human resources management and workplace matters, including:
- hirings, dismissals and disciplinary measures
- employment agreements, workplace policies and workplace investigations
- electronic communications and social media issues
- discrimination and harassment claims
- covenants and confidentiality agreements
- workplace restructurings
- language issues
- access to information and privacy law issues
- bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings
Michael provides Indigenous businesses and band councils with counsel and representation for labour relations issues affecting their workforces.
He has appeared before courts and tribunals in Québec and is regularly involved in employment litigation, collective bargaining and grievance arbitration.