Catherine focuses on personal injury civil litigation, with an emphasis on defending municipal liability claims including:
- motor vehicle accidents
- slip and falls
- trip and falls
- police liability
- occupiers’ liability
She also handles product liability matters on behalf of insurance companies.
Her file management responsibilities include:
- reviewing and analyzing evidence
- drafting key documents, such as pleadings and Affidavits of Documents
- communicating with witnesses regarding discoveries and undertakings
- preparing motion materials
- liaising with experts and investigators
- arranging briefs and memorandums for mediation and pre-trial
- drafting settlement documentation
- preparing for trial on complex issues
As a licensed paralegal, Catherine’s broad Small Claims Court experience includes plaintiff and defence work.
Prior to joining BLG Catherine managed a legal clinic operated by a not-for-profit organization supporting access to justice for low-income, self-represented litigants.