In a crisis, BLG helps you respond and prepare for what’s next. As a national law firm with expertise in virtually every area of law, we have unsurpassed experience advising on and managing crises and investigations for our clients.
We have experience managing all nature of crises and investigations, including:
- labour & employment issues including labour disruptions, workplace investigations, sexual harassment charges
- public health crises, medical malpractice and health care incidents
- institutional sexual assault allegations and response
- product liability, safety recalls, tampering and class actions
- white collar criminal and regulatory investigations and prosecutions
- civil unrest and protest
- supply chain and logistics issues
- emergency plan preparedness
- cybersecurity and privacy breaches
- climate change issues and natural disasters
- oil & gas and hazardous material spills
BLG lawyers are prepared to respond immediately, providing strategic support to the organization through internal and external investigative processes, media and public relations, and police, coroners, governmental or regulatory investigations.
Our multidisciplinary Disputes Group has the experience and strength to advocate for you in any subsequent legal proceedings – such as inquests, lawsuits, class proceedings or criminal proceedings – often under intense media scrutiny.
We also work closely with your communications advisors to mitigate reputational damage – helping to ensure your communication strategy is both legally sound and follows best practices in keeping the public informed.