BLG is recognized as one of the world’s leading arbitration practices by the GAR 100. We have acted:
- in domestic and international commercial litigation and arbitration
- in international construction disputes regarding some of the world’s largest infrastructure projects
- in investor-state arbitrations under investment protection treaties such as NAFTA and various bilateral investment treaties
- as advisers on the implementation of the Canada-EU Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) and the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP)
As a national, multidisciplinary firm, we have the resources to assemble efficient, highly-integrated legal teams to provide targeted advice and advocacy in English and French. Our clients benefit from collaborating with lean, select teams who remain closely involved with the case and can respond to inquires in a timely manner.
We provide active engagement and involvement by senior counsel in complex disputes involving claims of hundreds of millions or billions of dollars.
Our clients include:
- governments and government agencies
- private corporate entities
- wholesalers and retailers
- property owners
- franchising parties
- joint ventures
- sporting goods manufacturers
Our arbitration lawyers have participated in international arbitrations in Canada, the U.S. and around the world involving a wide range of industries and subject matters, and administered by leading arbitral institutions.