Canada’s strong economic growth and low mortgage rates means real estate from coast-to-coast continues to attract domestic and foreign investors.
It’s key to have a legal team who can provide trusted advice on everything from tax planning to financing, municipal zoning and assessments to environmental issues.
Whether you’re a developer, government agency, pension fund, hotel owner, major retailer or private investor, we can help you:
- structure, acquire or enter into a joint venture
- finance a real estate investment
- purchase or lease real estate, including offices, retail, hotel, industrial and development sites
- establish a REIT
- finance or refinance a project
- get syndicated or securitized financine
- draft long-term and ground lease agreements, including emphyteutic leases in Québec
We represent sellers, purchasers and investors in real estate, including financial institutions, REITs, pension funds and offshore investors.We specialize in large-scale industrial and retail projects and condominium development and sales. We also represent underwriters in real estate debt and equity markets, including public and private offerings on most Canadian securities exchanges.