Public universities and colleges in Canada have vibrant communities comprised of diverse stakeholders. They are responsible for young adults but do not stand in loco parentis, and have a mandate to support the free exchange of ideas. These factors make Canadian campuses and their surrounds grounds for high-profile and challenging legal disputes.
On Monday, November 14, BLG is hosting a webinar that will provide relevant information about key risk issues to university and college leadership and their legal counsel from across Canada. Our agenda will cover:
- Major shifts and challenges around diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Complaint processes, mechanisms and systems that respond to EDI challenges on campus
- Alternative resolution
- Issues on campuses related to discrimination, harassment and sexual violence
- Crises management practice
- Charter and Charter values litigation
Please join our established team of education law and litigation lawyers along with special guests, The Honourable Louise Arbour C.C., G.O.Q, Senior Counsel, BLG, and Dr. Tanya (Toni) De Mello, Assistant Dean, Lincoln Alexander School of Law.
We are looking forward to seeing you at this special event.
Please respond by November 13, 2022.
Accreditation information will follow.