WTR 1000 Acknowledges BLG as Trademark Leader
Toronto (January 23, 2017) — Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG) is pleased to announce its fourth consecutive gold ranking in the 2017 edition of World Trademark Review's WTR 1000 — The World's Leading Trademark Professionals. The publication is the only one of its kind to recommend firms and individual practitioners exclusively in the trademarks field, and research is conducted in 70 global jurisdictions and includes hundreds of lawyers, attorneys and their clients.
WTR 1000's Gold tier is the highest band, awarded to firms that are deemed the most outstanding by clients and market sources alike in the areas of trademark expertise, market presence and complexity of work. Individuals qualify for inclusion by receiving sufficient positive feedback from market sources with knowledge of their practice and the market in which they operate.
The 10 BLG professionals recognized in the 2017 WTR 1000 are:
- Geneviève Bergeron — Prosecution and Strategy
- Bradley J. Freedman — Enforcement and Litigation; Prosecution and Strategy
- Mary Jane Lemenchick — Prosecution and Strategy
- Kathleen Lemieux — Enforcement and Litigation; Transactions
- LuAnne Morrow — Prosecution and Strategy
- Tracey Mosley — Prosecution and Strategy
- Ira Nishisato — Anti-Counterfeiting
- Christine Pallotta — Enforcement and Litigation
- Justine Wiebe — Prosecution and Strategy
- Gordon J. Zimmerman — Enforcement and Litigation; Prosecution and Strategy
BLG's Trademarks group has filed over 50,000 trademark applications and registrations in Canada and provides strategic advice to protect those interests throughout the world.