This webinar brought up to date on legal developments and hot topics from over the last year for the shipping industry in Canada. This year’s format will consist of a panel discussion followed by a series of four simultaneous breakout sessions offering a different topic.
Legal, insurance and practical issues when vessels damage underwater objects.
Moderator: Jean-Marie Fontaine, National Leader of Shipping Group, BLG
- Sean Harrington, former Judge of the Federal Court, BLG
- Jean-François Bilodeau, Counsel, BLG
- Jordi Montblanch, Accounts Executive, Global Unit at Aon Canada ULC
Four breakout sessions
- The LNG terminals, injunctions and First Nations rights
Speakers: Dionysios Rossi, Partner, and Graham Walker, Regional Managing Partner, BLG
- Recent changes to the Pilotage Act
Speaker: Sarah Sweet, Associate, BLG
- The application of the Quarantine Act in the time of COVID-19
Speaker: Nigah Awj, Associate, BLG
- Crewing challenges during COVID-19
Speaker: Nathalie Sykora, Senior VP of Global Operations, CSL Group
The panel discussion and three of the breakout sessions are now available online. Watch them now.