From 2005 to 2010, Larry was the leader of our Ottawa Litigation Department, a member of our Ottawa Regional Management Committee and was a member of BLG's Partnership Board from 2012 to 2015.Since 2010, Larry has been the National Leader of our Insurance and Tort Law Group as well as the Regional Coordinator of our Product Liability Professional Group and Securities Litigation Focus Group.
Larry focuses his practice on civil litigation, with an emphasis on product liability and product recalls, insurance/personal injury law, stockbroker negligence, access to information, commercial litigation and administrative law.
He has made appearances as counsel in all courts in the Province of Ontario and the Federal Court of Canada.
- Regularly acts as counsel to a number of manufacturers in wide-ranging matters relating to product liability, with a particular emphasis on product recalls and regulatory issues.
- Acts for insurers in all aspects of insurance litigation, risk and bodily injury claims, property damage claims and coverage issues.
- Acted as counsel to a number of investment and mutual fund dealers in the context of stockbroker negligence and regulatory matters.
- Acted as counsel to a number of federal institutions, ministers' offices, individuals and corporations in proceedings related to Access to Information.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, County of Carleton Law Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of Ontario
- Volunteer, Law Help Ontario
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2021 edition (and since 2010) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation).
- Recognized in the 2020 edition of Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Litigation - Commercial Insurance, Litigation - Product Liability, Personal Injury and Professional Liability) (and since 2015, and 2012) (Litigation - Commercial Insurance). Also recognized in the 2016, 2015 and 2012 editions (Personal Injury, Litigation - Product Liability).
- Recognized in the 2020 (since 2019) edition of Benchmark Canada – The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys as a Litigation Star (Insurance, Product Liability).
- Recognized as the Insurance Litigator of the Year by the 2018 Benchmark Canada Awards.
- Recognized in the 2018 edition of Benchmark Canada (Insurance - Local Litigation Star Ontario).
- Martindale-Hubbell® BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 1996
- LLB, University of Toronto, 1994
- B.Comm. (with High Honours), Carleton University, 1991