Eric’s robust practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law. He has particular expertise in the areas of franchising, licensing and distribution, and mergers and acquisitions. Eric advises clients across a broad range of industries regarding corporate organization and governance, purchase and sale transactions, and drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
In the franchise sector, Eric's practice covers all aspects of Canadian franchise law, including:
- preparation of franchise agreements and franchise disclosure documents
- purchase and sale of single and multi-unit franchises and entire franchise systems
- managing relationships with franchisees
- enforcing system compliance
Eric works with franchisors of all sizes, from start-ups to national and international systems. He has experience in a wide variety of franchise industries, including:
- food and beverage
- quick-service restaurants
- hotels, resorts and hospitality
- automotive sales, parts and service
- fitness and personal training
- outdoor recreation
- health care
- early childhood education
- building cleaning and maintenance
- commercial services
He also assists his clients in the food and beverage industry with regulatory matters, including liquor licensing and distribution and commercial health and safety issues.
Before articling at BLG, Eric was a law clerk to six justices of the British Columbia Supreme Court.