Neva has a broad litigation and dispute resolution practice focused on employment, labour, human rights, education, and pensions & benefits law.
Neva maintains a hybrid practice comprising both advice-based solicitor work and advocacy-based litigation work. She regularly advises public and private sector employers on a broad range of issues including:
- Employment standards;
- Employment contracts and policies;
- Employee terminations and severance packages;
- Employee discipline;
- Wrongful dismissal claims;
- Human rights issues and applications;
- Occupational health and safety;
- Workplace accessibility;
- Labour relations matters; and
- Pension plans, disputes and legislation.
Neva regularly makes submissions to and has appeared before Ontario courts and tribunals, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario, the Ontario Labour Relations Board, and the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal.
Neva joined BLG as an associate after summering and articling with the firm. During law school, Neva served as a senior editor of the McGill Law Journal, a student advocate and team leader with Pro Bono Students Canada, a volunteer with McGill University's Legal Information Clinic and a competitive moot participant.