Renewable energy is bridging a critical gap between the past and the future. Growing customer demand, technological advancements and government policies mean that change happens fast.
To meet today’s complex energy demands, you need Canada’s law firm: an experienced and responsive team that understands renewable energy initiatives, including the expectations of regulators, shareholders, consumers and communities.
BLG is focused on what’s next — and our top-ranked renewable energy lawyers have been involved in some of the largest and most innovative renewable energy projects across Canada and around the world.
Our lawyers offer business-minded advice and a collaborative approach to the delivery of legal services. We are at the forefront of the sector, advising on several major hydroelectric projects across Canada. We also regularly advise Indigenous governments and organizations on renewable energy projects and connect clients with Indigenous partners.
Our team understands the important trends that are shaping the future of renewable energy, from ESG and the green economy to clean technology and distributed energy resources.
Clients rely on our national team of renewable energy lawyers for assistance with:
- Expansions, retrofits and modernization of existing energy facilities
- Energy regulation matters
- Financing and refinancing of renewable energy projects
- Carbon offset and net zero initiatives
- Intellectual property related to clean tech
- Purchase and sale of renewable energy assets
- Accessing government funding and incentives
- Land use planning
- Environmental regulations
- Indigenous power projects and partnerships
- Clean energy project disputes, including appeals
- Joint ventures, buy-outs and spin-off green energy projects
Whatever your project — solar, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal, biomass, biofuels, tidal energy, waste-to-energy, smart renewables, distributed energy or district energy — we will provide you with the timely strategic and operational support you need to see it succeed.