Take the next step in your law career with us. You'll get hands-on experience in litigation and business law, work similar to that done by our junior associates.
Your articling experience begins with an in-depth orientation session. You’ll also attend weekly seminars on topics such as:
- common types of motions in Queen’s Bench chambers
- insolvency and corporate restructuring
- securities practice
- government relations
- litigation practice and procedures
Articling students can also participate in firm-wide training programs offered to all our lawyers.
Your Articling Experience
During your six-month rotations in both litigation and business law, you’ll work hands-on in a range of practice areas, learning from many of our accomplished lawyers.
You’ll be assigned a principal and an associate mentor who will support you throughout your articling experience. Your associate mentor will answer your questions, provide advice and guide you through professional events.
While assisting lawyers on major matters, you will:
- attend hearings, questionings and mediations
- draft memoranda and contracts
- conduct due diligence and research
- work on pro bono projects and cases
You’ll also gain valuable practical experience by managing your own Small Claims Court matters.