In his estates and trusts litigation practice, Scott counsels his clients in a variety of matters, including:
- probate litigation (disputes concerning the validity of wills)
- claims to rectify, validate or vary wills under the Wills, Estates and Succession Act
- claims relating to joint bank accounts or other joint assets, or the misuse of a power of attorney
- restitution claims against estates
- the appointment of committees under the Patients Property Act
- applications concerning the administration of estates and trusts, including executor’s accounts, and the removal and replacement of executors and trustees
Scott also has significant expertise in Indigenous law, with a primary focus on Indigenous rights and title claims, and the Crown's duty to consult Indigenous groups.
Scott is the regional leader of our Estate Litigation Group, regional co-leader of our Family Wealth Counsel Group, and national co-leader of our Indigenous Law Group.
Prior to being called to the bar, Scott completed a judicial clerkship with the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Scott provides legal services through a Law Corporation.