David is a leading Commercial Litigation lawyer who also specializes in securities litigation, class actions and shareholder disputes. He represents registrants and public companies and their respective officers, directors and shareholders in class action proceedings and all manner of securities and regulatory investigations and prosecutions.
David's areas of focus include:
- Class actions, including securities class actions, unpaid wages class actions and investor loss class actions
- Securities litigation and regulation, including broker liability and departing broker litigation, as well as investigations and proceedings before Provincial Securities Commissions, IIROC and the MFDA
- Shareholder disputes litigation, including oppression remedy proceedings
- Directors’ and officers’ liability, including shareholders’ actions, creditors’ actions and offences under the Securities Act and other regulatory statutes
- General commercial and employment litigation
At BLG, David is the National Group Head for our Disputes Group