Jason regularly drafts and negotiates agreements involving technology acquisition, procurement, development, licensing, distribution and supply, as well as the purchase and sale of technology-related goods and services. He works with clients in many industries, including satellites, aerospace, healthcare, energy (including power and LNG), vehicle safety technology, agriculture, military technology, precious metals, and currency and logistics.
Through his health informatics practice, he advises on clinical information systems, electronic health records and IT transactions. Jason advised on three of the largest clinical information system transactions in Canada and has worked in health informatics for 17 years.
As a lawyer, patent agent, Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) and trademark agent, Jason has the expertise necessary to provide businesses with practical and industry-focused and strategic intellectual property insights, including on intellectual property protection, registration and licensing, including on patents, trademarks and trade secrets.
Representative agreements and transactions Jason regularly advises on include:
- software license agreements, subscription agreements, software-as-a-service (SaaS) and cloud services agreements;
- technology license agreements and patent license agreements;
- software enterprise agreements;
- technology and software development agreements;
- purchase and sale agreements for technology and technology-related products;
- professional services, consulting and outsourcing agreements;
- hardware purchase agreements; and
- distribution and reseller agreements.
Jason is National Business Leader of BLG’s Intellectual Property Group and the regional leader of the IT Group. He also co-chairs BLG’s Innovation Thought Leadership Committee, championing innovation throughout the firm, helping BLG stay ahead of the legal innovation curve and seeking out opportunities to innovate.
Jason provides legal services through a Law Corporation.