It is crucial to have a strategically-minded legal team to help you navigate complex agreements relating to in and out licensing and technology transfer opportunities across domestic and global industries.
BLG’s Licensing Group can structure comprehensive licensing transactions by exploring the technology’s life cycle, its potential applications to other areas and market direction.
We can help you develop and capitalize on your IP portfolio by:
- negotiating and drafting licensing agreements
- drafting and negotiating trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret and know-how licenses
Our services and areas of expertise include:
- drafting and advising on suitable IP license grants
- evaluating antitrust concerns and alternative deal structures
- crafting dispute resolution provisions and agreements
- counselling on potential insolvency complications in agreements
- counselling on the acquisition and sale of assets, including purchase and sale out of bankruptcy
- providing connections with other service providers, technology buyers, brokers and financing sources
- domestic and international licensing and technology transfer
- transferring technology from government-supported operations and academic organizations to private sector businesses
- advising on confidentiality matters, non-competition and similar agreements