Alexandra’s practice is focused on corporate and commercial law, particularly commercial regulatory matters that impact her clients. She provides strategic and practical advice to manufacturers, retailers and advertisers from a variety of industries (e.g., commerce/retail, automobile, financial services, health/food, clothing) on matters relating to advertising and marketing, including the following matters:
- Deceptive marketing practices in traditional and new media, such as drip pricing, false and misleading claims et al.
- Promotional contests, gift cards, loyalty programs, co-marketing agreements, and sponsorship agreements
- Labelling & packaging of consumer goods, food and health products, as well as other regulated products
- Consumer protection, including consumer agreements, product warranties, consumer credit and e-commerce
- French-language requirements under federal and Québec provincial laws
- Canada’s anti-spam law compliance, privacy & access to information, particularly in the context of marketing programs, commercial operations, transactions and service-provider agreements
Within the firm, Alexandra is the National Leader of our Advertising & Marketing Group and she is an active member of the Financial Services Regulatory, Life Sciences, and Senior Living & Housing Groups.