Donna practices corporate law, especially as it relates to the highly regulated insurance and investment management industries. She provides advice on day-to-day activities as well as extraordinary situations, with a focus on regulatory compliance, market conduct, governance issues and transactional matters.
Donna is a member of the firm's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiative.
- Advises on regulatory, compliance, licensing/registration and commercial issues and drafts related agreements.
- Engages with the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI) and provincial securities and insurance regulators.
- Advises with respect to the incorporation, organization and licensing of securities advisors/dealers/investment fund managers and insurance brokers/agents.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, IFIC Sales Practices Guidelines Review Sub-Group
- Member, IFIC Legal and Compliance Issues Working Group
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (business law section)
- Member, National Society of Compliance Professionals
- Chair, Turning Point Youth Services
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2019 edition (and previous editions) of Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Investment Funds & Asset Management).
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2022 edition (and since 2011) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Mutual Funds Law).
- Recognized as a 2019 Acritas Star.
- Honoured with a 2014 Lexpert® Zenith Award (Corporate Finance and Securities).
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 1998
- LLB, York University, 1996
- BSc (with High Dist.), University of Toronto, 1993