Innovation in life sciences creates an ever-changing landscape. You need a well-versed legal team that can represent you on all the matters relevant to your business, whether you are an early stage startup or established company.
Our Life Sciences group, many of whom hold PhDs or Master’s Degrees in related fields, understand the science and technology your business is built on. Using a collaborative and disciplined approach, our team is here for all your legal needs, including:
- helping you commercialize
- protecting your intellectual property
- assisting with regulatory issues
- licensing projects
- resolving any disputes
We have extensive experience when it comes to the challenges early stage companies face, acting as preferred business advisers to those who want to build quickly enterprise value. Our group works with clients to come up with efficient and cost-effective solutions that work for them.
Our lawyers and registered patent and trademark agents work with multiple teams firm-wide to help you balance marketing, regulatory and intellectual property concerns with successful financing and business strategies. Our professionals provide valuable insights into your business to help you achieve success.
We work with:
- venture capital firms
- private equity and investment banks investing in the life sciences sector
- drug manufacturers
- medical device companies
- manufacturers of natural health products, both domestic and international
Working in all areas of life sciences, we help clients with:
- intellectual property protection and litigation
- Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations
- food and drug law
- financings and capital markets
- licensing, research collaborations and other strategic alliances
- mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- federal Patented Medicine Prices Review Board and provincial price reimbursements
- government relations
- advertising and promotion
- labour and employment
- product liability
- class actions
- dispute resolution
Members of our team actively contribute to the life sciences community locally, regionally and nationally. With experience working with leading industry participants, our professionals provide valuable insights to all of our clients, including those entering the Canadian market.