We offer a range of planning, tax advisory, charity and specialized litigation and dispute resolution services for fiduciaries, charities, institutions and individuals to protect their businesses, wealth and legacies.
Our skilled team has expertise in a range of services, including:
- estate planning with regard to domestic and offshore income tax issues and matrimonial issues
- advising on protecting a disabled child or relative
- assisting in the role of a trustee of a trust, or as an executor or liquidator of an estate
- advising family-owned businesses on business succession, taking into account relevant taxation issues and other associated costs
We assist clients in a range of disputes, including:
- contested wills
- trust and will interpretation
- passing of accounts
- variations and terminations of trusts
- dependents’ support and family patrimony claims
- solicitor’s negligence claims
- capacity disputes
- tax disputes
When disputes arise with regard to trusts, estates and incapable persons, we assist with reaching a satisfactory settlement through negotiation—saving time, expenses, and preserving relationships and confidentiality. We also have expertise in alternative forms of dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
As leaders in the profession, we serve in many professional organizations, including:
- International Academy of Estate and Trust Law
- Provincial and National Bar Associations
We also assist clients with domestic, cross-border, and international planning, and estate and trust litigation. Our Aging Investor Group has more than a decade of practical experience in advising financial institutions on issues connected with aging.