Katrina is an articling student at BLG’s Toronto office for the 2023-2024 term. She is focusing on disputes practice.
As a law student, Katrina worked at the Human Rights Legal Support Centre, where she advocated for individuals who have experienced discrimination. She also volunteered with:
- Fair Change Community Legal Services;
- the Community and Legal Aid Services Program;
- Neighbourhood Legal Services;
- Law in Action Within Schools (LAWS); and
- Pro Bono Students Canada.
For this social justice legal work, she received the 2022 Legal Leaders for Diversity Trust Fund Scholarship, and Eric and Edna Lisus Justice Internship Award.
Prior to joining BLG, Katrina served at the Children’s Aid Society of Toronto and Ontario Justice Education Network. She was also involved in a pasta-producing start-up business.