The Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Administrator, Records Management.
Purpose of the Role
The Administrator, Records Management, an experienced-level position, will be expected to support the Firm Lawyers, Assistants and Business Services departments in the management of physical and electronic Records in accordance with the Firms Records Management Policy and procedures and to manage department processes and duties assigned. This is a fully on-site role working out of the Ottawa office of BLG.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Supports Records classification, organization, registration and status management in the Records Management System
- Manages workflows for digitizing records
- Supports electronic file management, including creating folder structures, migrating data, and updating document profiles
- Facilitates hard copy file storage and circulation
- Manages cabinet allocation
- Processes requests for information and file retrievals
- Processes file releases / transfers which includes collecting and preparing files as well as creating and filing required documentation
- Processes instructions for final disposition / destruction
- Oversees Vault Records Management which involves intake, storage, database management, managing requests for information and transfers, preparing and filing all required documents, transferring files
- Supports Vendor management, invoice reconciliation and department filing.
- 2 – 3 years of prior Records Management experience in a business to business environment
- Understanding of firm legal, regulatory and operational environment is a strong asset
- Advanced filing and classification knowledge, search techniques and processes
- Strong typing and data entry skills
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and demanding deadlines
- Strong attention to detail skills to deliver files with the least amount of discrepancies
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong level of professionalism and confidence
- Proficiency in computer systems and software applications including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), web-based applications, as well as the firm’s Document Management System, Records Management Software, Document Imaging Software, and any additional firm applications used to manage client matter records and information
- Ability to physically lift and move boxes up to 40 lbs
How to Apply
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate, As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and if necessary implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.