This blog is authored by members of BLG's Oil and Gas Focus Group. We follow new and interesting legal issues as they emerge in the energy area. The wide range of direct and extensive energy experience held by our contributors lends itself to a diverse and insightful examination of current legal trends and topics. Our experience not only provides a source of valuable information and insight, but also assists in finding solutions to legal issues that arise in this dynamic and rapidly evolving area.
Topics posted in March 2017 include:
- Alberta Court of Appeal Protects Confidentiality of Alberta Energy Regulator's ADR Process and Clarifies What Evidence can be Relied on When Seeking Permission to Appeal
- Good Tactics or Bad Faith: The Divisive Issue of Sandbagging in M&A
- Alberta Court of Appeal Allows Crown to Advance Appeal on Workplace Safety Issues of Significant Public Importance to the Oil and Gas Industry
- Canadian Companies and the Effects of Foreign Operations — Out of Sight, Front of Mind
- Alberta Budget 2017
- BLG Launches M&A Building Blocks
- Federal Budget 2017 — A Focus on Innovation and Tax Fairness for the Middle Class
- Fairness Opinions — Is there a new InterOil Standard?
- Alberta Courts Confirm Restructuring Transactions with Select Creditors Not Oppressive and Comment on Availability of the Oppression Remedy in CCAA Proceedings
We welcome you to THE RESOURCE: BLG Energy Law Blog and encourage you to contact any of our contributors about their posts or in learning more about how BLG can serve your legal needs.