Nous sommes désolés. Le contenu de cette page n'est présentement disponible qu'en anglais.
Andrew focuses on corporate and securities law, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance and other commercial matters. He also works with a number of securities registrants in connection with the formation, management and operation of investment funds in Canada.
Andrew acts for public and private companies, underwriters, institutional and strategic investors, private equity firms and investment dealers in a wide range of industry sectors.
Andrew has experience in a broad range of industries in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and other corporate matters:
Experience - Mergers & acquisitions
- Acted for Guardian Capital Group Limited in its sale of the Worldsource business to Desjardins.
- Acted for Supreme Cannabis Company, Inc. in its sale to Canopy Growth Corporation.
- Acted for Virtu Financial in the sale of its MatchNow business to Cboe Global Markets.
- Acted for Pivot Technology Solutions, Inc. in its sale to Computacenter plc.
- Acted for Starlight Capital in its acquisition of Stone Investments Group.
- Acted for MYM Nutraceuticals in its sale to IM Cannabis Corp.
- Acted for Retirement Concepts in its sale of 24 seniors residences to Cedar Tree Investment.
- ZYUS Life Sciences Inc. in its acquisition of Revon Systems.
- Acted for a Canadian construction materials manufacturer in its acquisition of a roofing distribution business.
- Represented Excel Funds Management Inc. in its sale to Sun Life Global Investments.
- Acted for a European construction materials manufacturer in its acquisition of a Canadian distribution network.
- Acted for Globalive Capital and a consortium of investors in their acquisition of VimpelCom's interest in WIND Mobile.
Experience - Corporate finance
- Loblaw Companies Limited in its $350 million and $800 million offerings of senior unsecured notes, as well as other equity and debt offerings of Loblaw securities.
- Loblaw Companies Limited in its $2 billion shelf prospectus for common shares, debt securities and preferred shares, and George Weston Limited in its $1.5 billion shelf prospectus for common shares, debt securities and preferred shares.
- Acted for a Canadian life sciences company in connection with both debt and equity offerings.
- Act for numerous Canadian start-ups and small companies in raising capital and negotiating joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements and partnership agreements.
Experience - Private equity, venture capital and strategic investments
- Acted for Allianz X in its investment in Purpose Financial.
- Acted for Organigram Holdings Inc. in its strategic investment in Green Tank Technologies Corp.
- Act for a large Canadian private equity fund in various investments across Canada.
Experience - Fund formation
- Established a series of real estate funds for an investor focused on the Ontario real estate market.
- Established a private equity fund for a Canadian wealth manager.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Upper Canada
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2014
- JD, Université de Toronto, 2013
- B.Sc. (Joint Hons.) in International Relations with History, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2010