Shannan has over 30 years of experience in the legal industry. Shannan supports two senior partners in the Health Law Group in defending midwives, hospitals and other health professionals in medical malpractice actions by:
- Managing litigation files;
- Preparing pleadings and other court documents;
- Assisting with document review and production;
- Co-ordinating witness and expert interviews and testimony; and
- Assisting with preparation for questioning and trial.
Shannan has procedural knowledge and experience in the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Appeal and the Provincial Court of Alberta, as well as construction arbitration experience.
Prior to joining the Health Law Group, Shannan’s focus was on civil litigation/disputes in the construction and insurance industries.