BLG is committed to supporting you with your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) needs. We are pleased to offer ongoing virtual sessions through the year to help you fulfill your 12 hours of required CPD.
Please join us for two very timely, informative, and engaging presentations with BLG’s leaders in their respective fields.
- Consultation, accommodation & consent, including:
- the impact of UNDRIP
- recent developments in crown policies
- co-ordinating consultation & procurement processes
- Indigenous-led infrastructure projects, including:
- the on-reserve regulatory context
- recent developments in crown funding & financing
- Indigenous groups' evolving roles in major projects, including:
- recent developments in indigenous procurement policies and practice
- indigenous equity participation
Following that, Jeff Thomas and Dirk Laudan will host a discussion on the potential for a Canadian Foreign Influence Transparency Register and what the impacts and implications may be going forward. Topics that will be covered include:
- Concerns relating to foreign influence in Canada
- What sort of relationships with foreign entities are likely to be covered
- What sort of representation activities may require disclosure
- The impact on businesses and service providers that represent foreign governments
- Interrelation with other regulatory schemes such as lobbyist registration
- Exemptions and enforcement
We look forward to having you join us!
Please respond by September 19. If you have any questions about this event, please email us at [email protected].
BC | This course has been accredited for 2.0 hours. Course name: Indigenous Issues in Infrastructure Projects and the Foreign Influence Transparency Register. Course number: V20092023.