A member of the Private Client group, Scott advises clients on matters including:
- Domestic and international tax and estate planning for individuals and their families;
- The use of trusts;
- Private company reorganizations;
- Vancouver’s empty homes tax;
- BC’s speculation and vacancy tax; and
- BC’s not-for-profit societies.
He has experience in:
- Advising on and implementing reorganizations for private corporations;
- Advising on tax planning for trusts, as well as trust operations;
- Advising homeowners on the speculation tax and empty homes tax; and
- Drafting wills and related estate documents
Scott clerked at the Tax Court of Canada prior to joining BLG.