Laura is engaged in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, while providing support to the lawyers in our Commercial Litigation and Estate Groups.
Laura assists on all stages of litigation including document collection, discovery, mediation, arbitration and trial. She manages large document intensive files from start to resolution, and deals with various courts, including the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Court of Appeal for Ontario, the Federal Court of Canada, and the Supreme Court of Canada.
Laura also has experience in commercial fraud, injunctions such as Anton Piller orders (civil search orders), anti-piracy and technology litigation, enforcement of court orders and judgments, enforcement matters in intellectual property proceedings and arbitration.
Laura has experience in:
- drafting pleadings and briefs
- preparing files for examination for discovery including preparation of discovery plans and affidavits of documents
- drafting lists of undertakings, advisements and refusals, and liaising with discovery witnesses to answer undertakings and to review and organize answers
- drafting various motions, supporting affidavits and cost outlines for hearings
- preparing files for mediation including preparation, review and organization of documents
- preparing files for trial including scheduling issues, liaising with counsel and court, communications with experts, summoning and preparing witnesses, preparing pre-trial memoranda, notices, document and issues briefs and trial preparation
- overseeing and managing large, complex, technologically dependent files
- liaising with clients, counsel and all levels of the courts
Laura joined BLG in 2010.